Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My version of Walmart

As stated in a previous post the grocery store is a place that you will have to take a second mortgage out on your home, car, and boat in order to be able to afford groceries for a week. My boss told me before I came “leave the clothes and bring the food”. As you have seen in a previous post my pantry is well stocked. Many of you have not believed me when I have quoted the prices of items here. Well my friends I offer the photographic evidence as exhibit A to prove the ungodly cost of food here. It is okay to feel outraged and saddened by how this company can take advantage of the people here. I still do. The one thing that absolutely cracked me up is that you can buy White Castle out here. I may be living thousands of miles away and paying more for food than I use to for my house payment but I can still get White Castle. It is what brings us together! Dog food and TP are about the same price. Don't worry Dayla has a good stock of dog food. And yes if you would like to make a donation of toilet paper I will gladly and graciously accept. I like the Charmin in the red package.

1 Pound of Peaches $4.39 (but they were all mushy and one was even moldy)

White Caste for $6.83 ( but they were on sale)

Secret Deoterant $8.15
Regular Size Pantene Shampoo $9.85

36 Rolls of TP for $46.95
34 pounds of Puppy Chow $44.55
(So you can wipe your tooshie or feed your poochie for about the same price)

12 Paper Towel Roles $25.98
2 Bars of Soap $5.55


56 Diapers $22.99
8.8 Pounds of Dog food $15.55

Can of Chicken $5.55
12 Pack of Sprite $9.19

1 Pound of Folgers Coffee $18.25
Small Box (4.37 pounds) of Tide $15.55

Box of Rice Krispies for $8.15
Lays Potato Chips $8.99

This is a beef roast that is 12.49 pound Roast for $50.96 (on sale... and no I'm not kidding.)
One Tube of Toothpaste $8.69
0

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Can we send you things by UPS or something?? That is robbery. I really enjoy all your posts and do hope things continue to go well. Hope you get your tv. thing hooked up soon. Talked to your Mom and she told me they were not too interested in coming over to put the pole up. Hope it happens soon. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Now add the cost of 2.78/lb for frozen or 2.00/lb for dry and you will get my food costs! I bought apples for $1.50 each before shipping without knowing it. Be happy you have a store for last moment purchases if you run out of something, I have to plan to run out of things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, pretty much..... WHY did you move again?? ... oh oh, thats right, you wanted to save money. hows that workin for ya my friend?
    Xo

    ReplyDelete